In this video, create a report to identify any opportunity where there is a close date or stage-related inconsistency. Learn how to visualize it both at a high level in the pipeline but also by opportunity owner.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be creating a report…to analyze the quality of our close date…and stage information.…This information is of database sales people,…and it can happen as things evolve…with a certain opportunity, but the information…is not modified straightaway in Salesforce.…It ends up being inaccurate, so this report…will help us identify those opportunities that…need to be reviewed for data quality purposes.…Let's start by going to our master pivot,…and make a copy of it, and let's call it…close date state checks.…
The first changes we'll be making to the pivot…is to remove the opportunity owner…and opportunity name fields.…Now, let's drag probabilities into the rows field,…and let's add the stage, just below it.…Now, let's row the probability subtotals,…and let's add close date year, and close date month…in the column section.…
Finally, let's change the width of our columns here…to make it more readable.…Now, let me explain what we're looking to identify…in this report.…In this report, we're supposed to be…
- How the pipeline materializes in Salesforce
- Examining a high-level overview of the sales cycle
- Examining qualitative and quantitative measures
- Acquiring and preparing your data
- Creating your report in Salesforce
- Working with qualitative and quantitative reports
- Conducting effective pipeline reviews
- Collaborating with the sales team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Sales Cycle and Salesforce Pipeline
2. Acquiring and Preparing Your Data
3. Qualitative Reports
4. Quantitative Reports
5. Conducting Effective Pipeline Reviews
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.