Clean up data in Excel by setting column widths, deleting and removing columns, splitting columns, and finding and replacing data.
- [Instructor] Sometimes after you copy and paste data,…you have a lot more cleanup to do, like in this situation,…we have a bunch of blank rows and some unnecessary columns…and some other issues.…Since this data doesn't come from a query,…we have to clean it up manually, so let me show you…how to do that.…The first thing I'm gonna do is delete this…unnecessary row here, so I'll just click that row…and then right click and then delete it.…That's easy.…Now I have a bunch of other blank rows…throughout this data set here and those are going…to cause problems later when we wanna sort…or filter or make a chart, so first what I'm gonna do…is I'm just gonna click this button here…to select all, and then I'm gonna do…a shortcut here for filter, somebody's gonna talk about…filter in the next video but this is just a quick…intro to it.…
Control + Shift + L, and that will add…these filter buttons here.…I'll then click the arrow and then I don't wanna…select all, I just want the blanks, so I'll click blanks.…And then I'll click away,…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.