Transform sales data using Power Query and the Excel 2016 data tab by hiding or showing columns, and removing blank rows.
- [Instructor] So, when you bring your sales…or research data into Excel using a query,…you may need to make further adjustments to the columns…and make the data more manageable.…And this is all possible to do,…but before I do that, I'm going to save this file.…I'm gonna go to File, Save As,…and I'm gonna name this file, in the Chapter 2 folder,…02_04 Cleaning Up Columns.…And with that done, I'm gonna go up here,…and I'm gonna edit this query again,…so that our columns and some of our data is cleaned up.…
I'm gonna go to Query…and then I'm gonna go over here to Edit.…Then I'll go over here to Choose Columns.…My goal here is to not have so many columns.…And, really, when it gets down to it,…I only need the License Type, the Premises Name,…and the Address columns.…So, I'm definitely not going to select Select All Columns.…I'm just gonna choose License Type Name,…Premises Name, and then these Address columns, and click OK.…
And great, that's a lot more manageable.…I don't have so many columns now.…The other thing I'd like to do…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.