- View Offline
- Moving or inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Transposing row-column layouts into column-row layouts
- Replacing data at the character level
- Dealing with special characters and wildcards during search and replace
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values/numbers
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
- Splitting data into multiple columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Combining data from different columns via concatenation or Flash Fill
Skill Level Appropriate for all
(soft music) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Data. This course is designed to confront the myriad of problems associated with streamlining your data by providing you with quick, easy to use solutions. First we'll look at how to readjust column and row placement with simple dragging techniques for easy viewing of all your data. Then we'll examine how to transpose and adjust data using tools like the replace and substitute functions, the text to columns command, and the new flash fill feature.
We'll also look at how to take full advantage of powerful text functions to deal with unwanted spacing and formatting issues, as well as text to value and value to text conversions. So let's get started with Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Data.