Instructor Josh Rischin shows how to bring life to Excel Online charts using chart tools.
- [Instructor] Once we have created an Excel Online chart,…we can make the most of Excel Online's ChartTools…to change the look and feel of the information.…If you'd like to follow along, open up XOL ChartTools.…In this example we have already prepared a basic…column chart.…The first thing that we can do is move the chart…and make it larger.…As you can see, Excel Online automatically adjusts…the font size.…We can then use Excel Online ChartTools,…which appear in the Chart menu option.…Simply select Chart and let's change the chart title…by selecting Chart Title, Edit Chart Title,…and I'm going to change it to…Distribution of the company's expenditure.…
Then select OK.…And you'll notice that the chart title has been changed.…If you like, you can add an axis title.…You can add a legend by selecting Legend,…and then let's show legend at the right.…If you like, you can insert grid lines by selecting…Gridlines, Primary Horizontal Gridlines,…and I'm going to select Major Gridlines.…And I can easily do the same thing for…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys