In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to customize the look and feel of a PivotChart using the layout and style options in Excel, including the axis labels, legend, chart title, and more.
- [Instructor] Now that we've practiced building…some different types of PivotCharts, let's take a minute…to talk about some of the design options available to us,…specifically, chart layouts and styles.…So we can select one of our charts,…in this case, our column chart up at the top,…and drill into our PivotChart tools, Design options.…Now, if you're relatively new to working with charts…in Excel, you may want to start by exploring some…of the standard layouts and styles that Excel offers.…So for example, you can preview different quick layouts,…which provide different preset combinations…of basic chart elements like labels,…legends, gridlines, axis titles, etc.…
You also have different types…of color palettes available to you here.…And finally, a selection of more comprehensive styles,…which allow you to preview some additional…formatting styling options, like fills, shadows, 3D effects.…You can drill down to see more,…but some crazy stuff in here as well.…Now, if you do know your way around a chart…and aren't afraid to do a little customization,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.