Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the data field summary operation, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Most of the data that you summarize using pivot tables…will be related to financial or personnel data.…Those could be sales or hours worked,…which means that you'll usually want to find…the sum of the values in the list.…You're not limited to adding values together, though.…You can choose from several summary calculations,…and you also have the ability to change…the type of value shown in the data area.…For example, you can express individual values…as a percentage of the column or row total,…or compare values to those of the previous year.…
In this movie, I will show you how to change…the summary operation in a pivot table.…My sample file is the Summary Excel workbook…and you can find that in the Chapter Two folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…To change the summary operation, click any data cell…in the body of the pivot table,…then go to the Analyze tab on the ribbon,…and then in the active field group, click Field Settings.…Doing so displays the Value Field Settings dialogue box,…and here you can select a new way to summarize your values.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.