Changing PivotChart types is incredibly easy. In this video, the instructor demonstrates how you can modify your charts and select different templates using the PivotChart design tools.
- So earlier in the chapter we created this clustered…bar chart to show the breakdown of genres…as bars rolled up to the rating level as rows.…So now let's say that we decide we'd rather view…the breakdown of ratings by bars rolled up…to the genre level as rows.…Luckily Excel makes changes like this incredibly easy to do…using an option called switch row and column.…So with my chart selected, I can simply drill in…to the pivot chart design tab…and right here in my data pane, I have this switch row…column button and when I press this button,…essentially our data gets transposed,…meaning that genre, which originally was our column labels…or series has now swapped out into our axis…or row labels and rating has swapped…from our row labels into our columns.…
So it's the same data, it's just kind of flipped on its side.…So now we're visualization tells a slightly different…version of the story by showing the distribution of titles…by rating in bars, rolled up by genre.…Now one important point to make is that this option,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.