Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the PivotTable layout, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Excel pivot tables enable you to summarize your data…in formats that are easy to read…and very helpfully, easy to modify.…You can also change your pivot table's layout,…choosing whether to display blank rows…below each item, and selecting from three report layouts…with subtle but important differences…that are useful for you to know about.…I will demonstrate how to change these layout options…using the PTLayout Excel workbook.…That is a sample file that you can find…in the Chapter04 folder of your Exercise Files collection.…
This pivot table has the default layout that Excel used…when it creates a pivot table.…There are a couple of elements that I'd like to point out.…The first is that the subtotals appear…at the top of each group.…So for example, the top level item in the rows area is years…and if I scroll down to the end of 2014,…you see there's no blank between 2014…and the subtotal for 2015.…
As someone who adds numbers from top to bottom,…I often forget, as I'm scrolling down,…that the subtotal for 2014 appears…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.