Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing a PivotChart's layout, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you create a PivotChart in Excel 2016,…Excel uses a basic layout to determine when and where…to display elements such as the chart title,…a legend representing the data series,…axis titles, and labels, and so on.…The basic layouts Excel uses are good enough…for a quick look at your data,…but you might want to change…how your PivotChart's elements are arranged…before you share it with your colleagues.…In this movie, I will show you how to change…your PivotChart's layout…and I'll use the change layout workbook…which you can find in the chapter six folder…of your exercise files collection.…
This PivotChart displays yearly revenue data…for four different room types,…Westminster, Oxford, Piccadilly, and Cambridge.…And what I'd like to do is explore my options…in changing the layout of the PivotChart…To explore my layout options,…I will click the body of the PivotChart to select it…and then on the Design contextual tab,…I'll click the Quick Layout button.…It's over on the left in the Chart Layouts group.…
And here, I see a number of chart layouts…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.