Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing a PivotChart's chart type, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you create charts in Excel,…regardless of whether it's a…regular chart or a pivot chart,…you often find that you have multiple…types of charts that can work for your data.…For example, if you have data arranged by time,…you could use either a column chart,…or a line chart.…If you want to change the chart type…of a pivot chart, you can do that.…I'll show you how to make the change in this movie.…My sample file is the ChangeType Excel workbook,…and you can find it in the Chapter Six folder…of your exercise files collection.…
If you want to change the chart type…of your pivot chart, all you need to do is click it,…and then on the Design contextual tab,…in the Type group,…click the Change Chart Type button.…That displays a dialog box of the same name…and you can now select…the new chart type that you'd like to apply.…In this case, I have data arranged by time,…by year and quarter, so I would like to…display it using a line graph or line chart.…
So from the All Charts list, I'll click Line,…and I'll stay with the default,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.