Learn to save a document as a different file type. Author Jen McBee demonstrates saving a file as a PDF document and as an earlier version of Excel using options available in Backstage, skills you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Narrator] Knowing how to change the file type…of an Excel workbook from a current version,…such as 2010, to an earlier version of Excel…is a skill that you may be asked to demonstrate…on the Excel 2010 MOS Exam.…You may also be asked to save a file…as a PDF, or to save a workbook as a template.…Now, there's two ways to save a file to either…an earlier version of Office, a PDF file,…or a template, so we'll make sure that we cover…both methods and then you can just pick which one…works best for you.…
I had the 08_01 Exercise File open,…so let's go ahead and get started.…First, let's look at how to use "save as"…to save a document in an earlier version…of Excel or as a PDF.…We'll go to "file", choose "save as",…and just by changing the save as type…from Excel workbook to…Excel 97 to 2003,…this will enable users who have Excel 2007 or 2003…to be able to open the workbook and be able…to display all the information.…
We can also save the file as a PDF using this method,…as a text file, here's our text file,…and also as an Excel template.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.