Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Change a chart's type, part of Excel 2016: Charts in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Probably the most substantial change…you could make to a chart is to change the chart type.…Column charts are certainly common,…the chart to the right of the data here is a column chart,…but as we click on any chart and go to the Design tab,…that all important button, second button…from the right, Change Chart Type.…Lots of choices here.…And it's strongly recommended too,…particularly if you're relatively new with charts,…don't feel timid about making these choices.…Because it's really easy to, for example,…make a choice, I'm choosing Stacked Column now,…maybe I've have never seen that before,…here's a preview, looks pretty good,…I'll double-click it or click OK and I see that choice.…
Well I don't like that.…Well how easy is it?…Just go back to Change Chart Type.…We got some other choices out here,…even some 3D choices, how about that one,…how does that look?…Not so sure about that one either.…But, of course, it's not as if you're wishy-washy,…sometimes you just want to explore.…And sometimes you'll find that a line chart,…
The training wraps up with lesson on changing data sources for charts and printing and sharing charts.
- Identifying chart elements
- Selecting the right chart type
- Creating basic charts
- Creating sparklines
- Styling charts
- Moving and resizing charts
- Modifying axes
- Adding labels and gridlines
- Analyzing data with trendlines
- Inserting pictures, shapes, and text boxes
- Customizing column, bar, line, and pie charts
- Creating Gantt charts and other specialized Excel charts
- Changing data sources
- Printing and sharing charts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Review the Basic Elements of an Excel Chart
2. Create Basic Charts
3. Style Your Charts with the Design Tab
4. Fine-Tune Your Chart Elements
5. Format Tab: Insert Pictures, Shapes, and Text Boxes
6. Adjusting Specific Chart Types
7. Other Specialized Excel Charts
8. New Chart Types in Excel 2016
9. Change a Chart's Data Source
Add new data using a table6m 38s
10. Print and Share Charts
Print your charts6m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.