Self-test your comprehension by completing a series of hands-on objectives, and then reviewing the author's solution video. Learn that time is a major factor in the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam so the ability to solve objectives quickly is important. Practice managing comments, using trace precedents and tracing dependents.
- [Instructor] Hi, welcome to the Chapter Two Challenge.…For this challenge, we'll be using…the 02_04 challenge exercise file.…I believe you should be able to complete all of the tasks…on the challenge within five minutes or less.…When you take the MOS Expert Exam, you'll be asked…to complete several steps, 20 to 22 steps to be exact…within a 40 minute time frame.…You'll find with each of the challenges in this course,…that I'm always going to make the time frame pretty tight.…
If you find that you're not able to complete…all of the tasks in five minutes or less,…you can always go back and watch the videos…for this chapter and come back and try the challenge again.…Because this is our first challenge exercise…for this course, I'm going to walk you through the steps…of opening up the challenge exercise.…I have Excel open.…I'll go ahead and go to File, Open, Computer.…Navigate to my desktop, open up my exercise files.…
Go into chapter two,…and here's the 02_04 Challenge Exercise File.…On the first tab, you'll see the instructions…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.