Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create a chart that updates automatically, part of The 5-Day Excel Challenge.
- Our objectives for Day 3…of the five-day Excel Challenge Course…begin with opening the Excel Challenge 3 workbook.…Looks like this.…First objective, create a clustered column chart…for the data in cells A1 to E4, in other words,…the chart based on the information we're seeing right here.…The next objective,…adjust the chart title to pick up the data from cell A1.…We want the chart title not to say Chart Title,…but to say 2015-Sales,…and you can do this in such a way…that you don't retype the title.…
The next objective, change the chart so that columns…are clustered by month instead of by city.…Right now, as we see the chart,…the New York columns are together.…We wanna see columns together on the basis of the month,…January, February, March.…The next objective, convert the data to a table…so that adding additional months, April, May, June, etc,…and cities, Phoenix, Dallas, and so on,…will automatically cause the chart…to pick up the added data.…
After solving this challenge, or perhaps you got stuck,…check out the video solution,…
The challenges will ask you to:
- Generate a list of future dates
- Clean up a list of employee data
- Create a dynamic chart
- Create a pivot table to analyze sales data
- Match data across multiple lists
Starter and solution files for Excel 2010, 2013, 365, and Excel for Mac 2011 are provided in the exercise files, so you can follow along with your version of Excel.