Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Analyze sales data using a formula-free PivotTable, part of The 5-Day Excel Challenge.
- Our Day 4 Objectives in the 5-day Excel Challenge course…begin with opening the file Excel Challenge 4.…When you first see this file, you will only see data…in Columns A, B, and C.…The first objective is use data from Columns A, B, and C…to create a PivotTable in Column E…that answers these questions.…PivotTable will look something like this,…and the questions that we want answered are.…On which day of the week were sales the highest?…On which day of the week were sales the lowest?…And our last objective,…format the PivotTable for readability.…
When you first create the PivotTable, the numbers…will be difficult to read.…After solving this challenge, or perhaps you got stuck…along the way, check out the video solution where I discuss…one or more ways to meet the challenge.…
The challenges will ask you to:
- Generate a list of future dates
- Clean up a list of employee data
- Create a dynamic chart
- Create a pivot table to analyze sales data
- Match data across multiple lists
Starter and solution files for Excel 2010, 2013, 365, and Excel for Mac 2011 are provided in the exercise files, so you can follow along with your version of Excel.