Join Joshua Rischin for an in-depth discussion in this video Case study for the course, part of Excel: Creating Business Budgets.
- [Instructor] To reinforce the learning goals of the Creating Business Budgets course we're going to have a case study. The case study will take the key business budgeting concepts and apply them to a fictitious business, in this case a cafe that specializes in making coffee. Whilst we are going to design and build a business budget model, for this particular business the concepts covered can be easily applied to any type of business. For simplicity we will assume that the cafe has been in operation for a number of years, that is they're not in the startup phase, and finally you'll have access to a number of exercise files so that you can follow along with me as we cover the key learning outcomes.
- Identify why it is a good idea to use Excel when creating a business budget.
- Examine the importance of revenue drivers when putting together a business budget.
- Recognize how to calculate staff costs when creating a business budget.
- Explore the elements of preparing a concise report.
- Break down the fundamentals of enhanced reporting.
- Determine the best ways to utilize efficient updates.