Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Calling a subroutine from another subroutine, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
The one strength of Excel VBA is that you can run the subroutine from…within another subroutine.…I'll tell you why that's so important in a moment, but first I'll show you how to do it.…I'm pressing Alt+F11 to go into the Visual Basic Editor.…This subroutine displays the City and State to which you owe a particular tax amount.…This first subroutine is called DisplayInfo, and there are two others:…one called DisplayState and one called DisplayCity.…You'll notice that those two keywords, DisplayState and DisplayCity, appear here…in the body of the main program.…
I'll just run it one time, so you can see what it looks like. So you hit F5.…First, it displays the State, New York, and then the City of Albany.…Then it indicates that it's reach the end of the display.…So going back to the code, you see that it activates cell B7, and then it gets…the value from the cell one column to the right.…It assigns to the City variable, the Value in the cell two columns to the right,…and then it runs DisplayState.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.