The bond-related formulas and functions in the previous chapters assume that every period is the same length. For example, that coupon payments occur every three, six, or twelve months. Some bonds have irregular first or last periods, where the payment dates don’t fit any of those patterns. When you want to calculate the price of a bond with an odd first period, use the ODDFPRICE function.
- [Instructor] The bond related formulas and functions…in the previous chapters assume that every period…is the same length.…For example, the coupon payments occur…every three, six, or twelve months.…Some bonds have irregular first or last periods…where the payment dates don't fit any of those patterns,…so, Excel includes a set of functions…you can use to evaluate those securities.…In this movie, I will show you how to calculate…the price of a security with an odd first period.…My sample file is OddFirstPrice_06_01…and you can find it in the Chapter06 folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…
Because we are evaluating a security…that has an odd first coupon date…we actually need to know a fair amount of information.…The first is the Settlement date,…and that's the date that you the investor…take possession of the security.…Next is the Maturity date…and that is the date that the investment ends…and you receive what you're due at the end.…Next is the Issue date…and that is the date that the security was created.…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.