Investment descriptions usually provide all of the information you need to make a decision about the product. That information includes the initial investment, ongoing payments, interest rate, length of the investment, and final return. If you receive information about an investment that has the number of periods missing, you can calculate the missing value by using the NPER function.
- [Instructor] Investment descriptions usually provide…all of the information you need to make a decision…about the product.…That information includes the initial investment,…ongoing payments, interest rate, the life of the investment,…and final return.…IF you receive information about an investment…that has the number of periods missing,…you can use the other information…to calculate the missing value by using the NPER function.…In this movie, I will show you the number of periods…required to meet an investment goal.…My sample file is NumberOfPeriods_01_08…and you can find it in the chapter one folder…of your exercise files collection.…
To calculate the number of periods required…to meet an investment goal, you need to know…five different things.…The first is the annual interest rate, that's in C3,…and that is the annual rate of the investment.…In C4, I have the second argument, payment each period.…If you are making payments into a fund,…then this is the amount that will be coming in…on a regular basis.…Next is the present value, that is the amount of your…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.