Investing money can become quite complicated. For example, you might need to borrow the money you invest in some other project. You could also reinvest any proceeds from the project. If you need to calculate the internal rate of return for a series of mixed cash flows, you can use the MIRR function.
- [Narrator] Investing money can become quite complicated.…For example, you might need to borrow the money…you invest in some other project.…You could also reinvest any proceeds from the project.…If you need to calculate the internal rate of return…for a series of mixed cash flows…you can use the mirr function.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie.…And I'll base my work on the sample file…MixedCashFlows_03_08 which you can find…in the Chapter03 folder of the exercise files collection.…If we look at the bottom part of the worksheet first…we'll see that there's a series of cash flows.…
And if you've worked through previous movies…in this chapter this will look familiar.…We have our investment in cell B5…and that's a negative number.…Because it cash flowing out of our account.…And then we have a series of returns.…Starting in the first year and going to the seventh year.…The difference is that instead of a discount rate…what I'm looking at instead…is an interest rate on initial loan.…Which is 9%.…Which I have here.…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.