Sometimes investments don’t have a single interest rate applied to them. For example, you could put money into a fund that guarantees a return of 4% for the first year, 5% for the second year, and 6% for the third year. In this case, you can use the FVSCHEDULE function to determine the future value of your investment.
- [Instructor] Sometimes investments don't have…single interest rates applied to them.…For example, you could put money into a fund…that guarantees a return of 4% for the first year,…5% for the second year,…and a 6% for the third year.…If that's the case, you can use the FVSCHEDULE function…to determine the future value of your investment.…I'll demonstrate how to use FVSCHEDULE.…My sample file is FVSchedule_03_02…and you can find it in the chapter three folder…of the exercise files collection.…
FVSCHEDULE takes two arguments,…or rather two sets of arguments.…The first, which I have here in cell C4…is the Principal,…and that is the amount of the initial investment.…And then here, because I have three different years,…I have rates for year one, year two, and year three…in cells C5 through C7.…My goal again is to find the future value…of this investment based on these inputs.…So I'll type an equal sign…and then FVSCHEDULE,…and then within the parentheses,…click cell C4, that's my first argument, the Principal,…comma, and then I need to…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.