- When you're calculating date differences,…you can run into problems when dealing…with months, and that's because we have…a different number of days in different months.…In this worksheet called EDATE-EOMONTH,…it's named after the two functions…we're about to talk about, EDATE AND EOMONTH.…In column C, we've got a probationary period…listed for different people here who have…a starting date in column B.…Some of these are different.…We simply want to know when…the probationary period ends.…We can see on the first example, three months…later than this should be at the end of June.…
Now there is no June 31st, but the EDATE function…in general will put the same day of the month here…except when we're at the end of the month.…=edate(, we've got a starting date,…it's in cell B2, we want three months later,…that's in cell C2, return, and there it is.…I'll copy these down the column.…Recognize of course there is no 31st in June,…so we see June 30th here.…
In row eight we see where the starting date…was on the end of October.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.