The declining balance method of calculating depreciation enables companies to accelerate the rate at which they claim the tax benefits inherent in asset depreciation. As the name implies, the double declining balance depreciation method doubles the rate at which the declining balance method calculates an asset’s depreciation.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…I described the declining balance method…of calculating depreciation,…which enables companies to accelerate the rate…at which they claim the tax benefits inherent…in asset depreciation.…As the name implies, the double declining balance…depreciation method, doubles the rate…at which the declining balance method…calculates an asset's depreciation.…In this movie, I will show you how to use…the double declining balance depreciation method.…My sample file is DoubleDeclining_O2_O3…and you can find it in the Chapter Two folder…of your exercise files collection.…
In this case, my item to be purchased is an office building.…The initial cost of the building is 25 million dollars.…and we're assuming that we'll be able to sell it…for two million dollars at the end of its economic life…of 30 years.…What I want to do is calculate the yearly depreciation…for the first ten years of that items economic life.…So I have all the information I need.…I'll click in cell E6, which is the first cell…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.