Like the AMORDEGRC function, which lets you calculate depreciation using coefficients defined under French accounting rules, the AMORLINC function lets you find the depreciation for a specific accounting period. As with the other function, this function assumes you’re working within the French system.
- [Instructor] Like the AMORDEGRC function,…which lets you calculate depreciation using coefficients…defined under French accounting rules,…the AMORLINC function lets you…find the depreciation for a specific accounting period.…As with the other function,…this function assumes you're working…within the French system.…My sample file is Each Period 02 07,…and you can find it in the chapter two folder…of the exercise files collection.…This function requires a series of arguments.…
The first is the cost, that's the cell C3,…date purchased is C4,…the end of the first accounting period is on C5,…the salvage value, that is what you can sell the item for…at the end of its useful economic life is in cell C6,…the period for which we are calculating depreciation…is in cell C7, and in C8 there is the rate.…This is something your account will need to tell you,…but the rate is a measure of how aggressive…the depreciation is that you're claiming.…
The same way that you can use the DDB function…to set different rates of declining balance,…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.