Coupon bonds pay at regular intervals, either one, two, or four times a year. Excel 2016 includes the COUPDAYSNC function, which calculates that value for you. When you own a coupon bond, you’ll receive a payment every time a coupon comes due. If you know how many days it will be before you get paid, you can manage your cash flow more effectively.
- [Narrator] Coupon bonds pay interest…at regular intervals: either one, two,…or four times a year.…Excel 2013 includes a function…that lets you calculate the number of days…until the next coupon.…I will demonstrate how to perform that calculation…using the DaysToNextCoupon_04_03 sample file…which you can find in the Chapter04 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…To calculate the number of days to the next coupon,…I need to know four things.…The first is the settlement date.…That's in C3.…And that's the date that you take possession…of the security.…
Next is the maturity date.…That is the date that the security ends its run.…And a couple of weeks later you'll receive…your principal plus accumulated interest.…Next is coupon frequency.…That's the number of coupons…that are distributed per year.…So in other words, you'll get interest…either one, two, or four times a year.…If it's one time a year,…that is an annual coupon.…Two times a year is semi-annual.…And four times a year is quarterly.…And finally, we have basis.…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
- Analyzing simulation results
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.