Learn how to calculate the optimal batch sizes for multiple products given a projected level of demand for each product.
- [Instructor] Calculating the optimal…batch size for a process depends on…how many products you're making…and how long it takes to change between them.…In this movie, I'll show you how to calculate…the optimal batch sizes for multiple products…given a projected level of demand for each of them.…My sample file is the Batch Sizes For Two Products Workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter Three folder…of the Exercise Files Collection.…For the scenario in this movie,…I'm assuming that I have a demand of 250 items…or units for a particular product line.…
But it is split between items that are colored red…and others that are colored orange…and you can see the total demand in B3,…but also that we have demand for red of 150…and demand for orange of 100.…What I want to do is to find the optimal batch size…for red and orange items to make the most of…the capacity in this production facility.…I see my capacity is 350,…which compares favorably to demand of only 250…and I have a setup time of a quarter of an hour.…
So 15 minutes.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Drawing process flow diagrams
- Calculating process capacity
- Identifying bottlenecks
- Determining cycle time and idle time
- Calculating labor
- Calculating utilization
- Analyzing batch processes
- Calculating optimal order quantities