Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video CRISP-DM (Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining), part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- CRISP-DM.…That's an acronym and it stands for…Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining.…It is the most commonly used process by data miners,…and it describes approaches…used to tackle data mining problems.…It is said to be the de-facto standard…for developing data mining and knowledge discovery projects.…Business understanding is the first phase,…and in the initial phase of the project,…we focus on gaining an understanding of the objectives…and the requirements from the business perspective,…just like any other software modeling process.…
We then take that knowledge that we gain…and in conjunction with subject matter experts…and project stakeholders,…we convert the knowledge…into data mining problem definitions…and usually some preliminary plan…designed to achieve the objectives.…Preliminary is a good choice of words here…because often as we proceed through this process,…again, just like any other software development project,…we may discover,…indeed we probably will discover…that our initial and preliminary plan is not optimal,…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.