Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Business problems for data mining, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Business problems for data mining.…Data mining techniques can be used in…virtually all business applications,…answering most types of business questions.…With the availability of software today, all an…individual needs is the motivation and the know-how.…Gaining this know-how is a tremendous…advantage to anyone's career.…Generally speaking, data mining…techniques can be applied whenever…something that could be known is not.…Recommendation generation.…So, the management is wondering…what products or services should your…company offer to your customers?…These questions are critically important to any…business, are a constant challenge for retailers,…service providers, manufacturers, etcetera.…
Often customer surveys provide us with…little relevant information because few…customers actually fill out surveys and…those that do often need to be motivated…by something, such as a giveaway.…The answer to surveys are seldom…well thought out and furthermore, properly…framing questions to surveys is very difficult…and requires a high degree of expertise.…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.