It's much more efficient to edit your campaigns in bulk using Excel. Review examples from Google AdWords and Facebook Power Editor, and get tips and tricks for handling such complex worksheets.
- [Instructor] If you're running digital campaigns,…it will save you a lot of time…to edit your campaigns in bulk, using Excel.…Don't be intimidated by this worksheet.…We're going to learn the easy way to deal with it.…If you'd like to follow along, go to the exercise file 4.1,…Bulksheets for AdWords and Facebook.…So the first thing you want to do…when dealing with a complex worksheet like this,…is delete the things you don't need.…So I'm just going to delete this top row,…and I'm going to hit filter.…So go to data, filter.…
Say we wanted to make a change to some of our ad campaigns,…just the ones related to AI.…I'm going to hit headline,…and then I'm going to unselect select all,…and then to use AI.…There we go, we have four ads specifically for AI.…So now that I have these filtered,…what I want to do, and this is really good practice,…is to select the rows, go to home,…and then highlight them.…
Now what this does for us, is when we clear the filter,…we can still see them standing out…so it makes it a lot easier.…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook