Why recreate a report every week when you can build an updateable template in Excel? Walk through how to build week-on-week comparisons using tables and PivotTables.
- [Instructor] You probably have to report…in your performance every week.…Let's learn how to build an update-able…template to save you time.…If you'd like to follow along,…exercise file three point six,…building a weekly report template.…What you're seeing here is some daily data,…exported from Google AdWords,…but whatever advertising platform…you got your data from, yours is probably…going to look similar.…Before we turn this into a weekly template,…we need to create a column.…So, what we're going to do is click…all the way here in the left.…We're going to right click and insert.…
I'm going to call this column week num.…And what we're going to do is use the week num formula…and select the day row comma.…I'm going to say two which means the week…starts on a Monday, not a Sunday,…and then we're going to close that.…And we see here we have the week number.…This is going to be really useful for us…to do week on week analysis.…So if we double click right here,…that's going to drag that formula down.…
Now what can we do with this?…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook