It's important to track your progress against goals. Learn a method for tracking spend against budget that can be used to build performance dashboards for any metric.
- [Instructor] It's important to track your…performance against goals.…Using Excel you can build a performance dashboard…that shows your progress towards those goals.…To follow along, go to exercise file 3.7,…Building a Performance Dashboard.…Right now we're looking at daily data…exported from AdWords, but this is…going to be similar for any advertising…platform you use.…So the first thing we need to do is to…turn this into a table.…Let me hit Insert and Table, OK.…Now in our performance dashboard,…we want to be able to see how performance is trending.…
So to do that, let's see what date…it was seven days ago.…According to this data, it was…one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.…I'm going to go one day before that.…It's the 16th.…I'm just going to paste that over here.…Now let's create a new column called Last 7.…I'm going to use the IF formula.…I'm going to check whether the day is…bigger than that date eight days ago.…
So Command + T to make this an absolute reference.…And if it is, I'm going to say,…this is Last 7, and if not, let's just put no, great.…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook