Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Building macros to run on demand queries, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- So you may already be using Access…and manually running queries in the back end by hand.…And you're running them in a particular order…'cause that's the way they work.…This sometimes means that you're gonna be…dealing with messages like appends and you're…about to copy or you're about to update.…It's always good to be sensitive to your row counts.…This is a great option when you have people…who need to run the actual queries for you…through a macro but you don't want to give them…backend access as well.…This is an easy way to add productivity to the process.…
Okay, so lets talk through this before…we get started.…First of all we have a macro that imports new hires.…The only challenge with the macro that we created…was that every time we do this that macro…actually just appends the data versus replaces it.…So the first step of the process is to actually…delete the new hires, import the real new hires…before we run the other steps of appending them…and updating them.…Remember, in most cases you double-click these…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.