Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Building an environment, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Okay, now we're going to build out an environment…and talk about the different tools that we need.…Now, as this is an Excel course,…I right now have SQL Server Management Studio open.…Don't let this concern you.…I'm going to go in and I'm going to do a restore…of Analysis Services database and then…I'm going to do a restore of a transactional database.…But, for this course, you really…don't need to do either one of those things;…because when we actually get into Excel,…other than when we're going in…and just bringing in some data…and I show you how to clean it.…
You can just watch the videos,…and I believe you'll get just as much…as if you had installed these databases…and followed along with what I do.…The reason I point this out is that…these installation tasks, if you're not used to them,…can be very frustrating, and also the location…of the files that download that you get…can move with different URLs as Microsoft…moves this stuff around as they move in generations,…they actually become deprecated on out.…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.