Learn how to design, create, and maintain robust business budgets using Microsoft Excel.
- [Josh] With the right preparation and planning, creating business budgets in Excel is easy. A sound business budget allows you to quickly and seamlessly add new expenses, and you can visualize your projected results at a glance. Luckily, Excel has some intuitive features that make it simple to not just build a business budget model, but to add enhancements as your business evolves. In this LinkedIn Learning course, I'll illustrate to you how you can prepare your business budget parameters to take the pain away from building your budget model.
I'll also outline how to link expenses with revenue, reflecting the dynamic nature of an organization operating in an environment where sales figures constantly fluctuate. So join me, Josh Rischin, as we explore how to create business budgets in Excel.
- Designing the optimal Excel workbook
- Cost and revenue drivers and why they're important
- Linking revenue scenarios with input costs
- Building the business budget model
- Analyzing and interpreting results
- Applying data validation to control inputs
- Preparing concise reports
- Using basic Excel formulas to streamline ongoing updates to the model