When you need a more accurate marketing plan, you need to build your assumptions from the bottom up. View an example of modeling Facebook ads as part of a larger marketing mix.
- [Instructor] Are you finding that the assumptions…that you made in your marketing plan turned…out to be wrong?…Well if you learn how to build your plan…from the bottom up,…you'd be making much more accurate predictions.…This is an example of a top down model.…You can see we're making the assumptions here…based on the overall marketing performance.…It's not taking into account individual channel behavior.…If we go to the raw tab, you can see performance broken…out by channel for last month.…Now in your top down plan, maybe you expected…to make changes just to Facebook Ads and be able…to change your assumptions here and hit the goal.…
It's not as simple as that; when you look at it,…Facebook Ads is only a small percentage…of your overall conversions.…You have all these other channels that won't change…if your entire plan is focused on Facebook Ads.…So let's model out how changes…to Facebook Ads will improve the overall performance.…To do this, we need to create a new column…where we're going to model out the assumptions…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook