If you need to generate multiple copies of a PivotTable view with different filter settings (such as a view of product sales for each region or country), the report filter pages option is a lifesaver. In this video, the instructor demonstrates how this to
- [Instructor] The last thing I want to cover in this section…is a tool called report filter pages,…and this isn't a really well known tool.…It's not that commonly used,…but in cases where you do need to use it,…it can save you a ton of time.…So essentially you would use the…show report filter pages option…to create new tabs for each value…that any given filter can take.…In the screenshots we're looking at here,…we've got a filter for year that can take three values.…2011, 2012, or 2013.…
By using the show report filter pages,…and selecting that year filter,…excel will automatically create a brand new tab…with that filter set to each of its possible values.…So in this case, we'd end up with three new tabs,…one for the year 2011, one for year 2012,…and one for the year 2013.…So it saves the time and effort…of manually changing those filters,…replicating and copying a tab,…and then starting over again.…So let's jump into our pivot and give this a shot.…
Okay, so here we go, first things first,…Let's get rid of this slicer and timeline.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.