In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to create a new PivotChart in the form of a clustered column chart, which can be used to compare data across multiple categories as vertical columns.
- [Instructor] All right, go ahead…and open up your IMDb workbook.…And if you've been following along up to this point,…you should see a view that looks something like this.…Now as we shift into PivotChart mode,…I kind of want to start with a…blank canvas and a clean starting point.…So what I want to do is actually clear all…of the content from this PivotTable view.…Now, when I clear it, it will also clear things…like calculated fields and items that we had added.…So if you do want to preserve those,…I'd recommend either duplicating this pivot tab…or saving your workbook as a separate file…because once we do clear the content,…there's no undo to bring it back.…
So I'm going to go into my PivotTable…Analyze Tools, Clear, Clear All.…And now I've got my clean canvas to work with.…Just a blank PivotTable template that's tied…to the exact same source data that…we've been working with all along.…So this will kind of serve as our starting point…as we begin to explore PivotCharts, specifically.…Now one tip that I'll offer, when it comes to working…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.