In this video, Walter shows that when you have a completed project timeline in hand, it’s very easy to put together the crew and personnel you’ll need to complete the project by the deadline. Walter uses an actual project he produced from script to screen to show timeline.
- With a project timeline in hand, it's very easy to put…together the crew and personnel you'll need to complete the…project by the deadline.…Now as with a client there will be your needs and wants.…Now when planning out the crew, start with your wants.…Every single person you would love to have on this crew,…both in production and post.…It doesn't cost anything right now just to sketch them all…out.…The timeline is your crew guide.…
Looking at your project timeline, who do you want for each…element of the project?…And by who I mean their title, not necessarily their actual…names.…I always include myself when planning so that I know I've…allocated for those positions.…I'll also include my client when I think they'll be with us…so I have a full headcount when planning the meals and…catering later.…For this step, I'll actually work forward from the beginning…of the project.…The best way for me to show this to you is to use water…science with Wade.…
I'm not going to go into the detail as to why I'm choosing all…the personnel for each element, that's outside the scope of…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Appropriate for all
Site Surveys for Video and Photo Projectswith Richard Harrington1h 43m Appropriate for all
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.