Learn how to perform an approximate match equivalent of the VLOOKUP function in Get & Transform. The equivalent would be a series of conditional columns, and Oz shows how to make it happen.
- [Instructor] Let's look at the rarely used,…but still important,…VLOOKUP using true, or approximate match.…When we use VLOOKUP using true,…it's called an approximate match but it is not.…You use VLOOKUP true, when you need to categorize things,…or put them in tiers based on values, like grades.…So, an 80 would be a B, right?…That's not an approximate match.…
That is a tiered match, is what we're about to do here.…And in this case, we've got a league and each team can have…a minimum of five players and a max of 10.…And we're looking at our active teams,…and over here, we've done a merge so that…we have a master list of the active teams, their colors…and the number of players.…Now we need a column that tells us…that team Cerberus has too few players,…and the Minotaurs have too many players.…
And we're going to do this by using…conditional columns in getting transform,…so let's go to a query that's already in this workbook.…Show Queries, go to our merge query,…Edit.…So we've got three criteria that we want.…Less than five, between five and 10, and over 10.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.