Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying themes, part of Learning Excel 2016.
- One of the fastest and easiest ways…to really change up the appearance…of our worksheet and make it more visually appealing…is to apply a theme.…Now by default, there is a theme being used…in the background here, certain colors, fonts, etcetera…are being used in our default worksheet.…But we can change that up and that's all a theme is,…is a grouping of different colors, and fonts…that go together well as well as special effects.…So with our London Hotels Revenues sheet here…that is using the default theme,…and you can open up RH-Revenues0209…if you're skipping to this movie.…
Let's go to the page layout tab on the ribbon…because over here in the theme's group,…we can see a theme's drop down button.…But also, if we only wanted to focus on the colors…that are being used, the fonts or the effects,…we have drop down buttons for those as well.…When we go to themes, though, we'll be making use…of all three of those in one easy step.…So let's click the drop down for themes…and as we scroll down the list of Office themes,…
- Explore how to efficiently add functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Recgonize different methods for saving, sharing, and printing your workbooks.
- Identify how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall how to protect documents.