Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying techniques in a Capstone project, part of Up and Running with VBA in Excel.
As it's traditional in most programming classes, I would like to take a moment…to create a Capstone project that will combine many of the skills you've learned…into a single workbook.…We are going to stay with the familiar scenario, which is recording sales and…displaying commissions for those sales.…First, I'll show you how the workbook functions, and then I'll show you how I did it.…So we are here in the cell D10, and I'll type my name, Curt Frye, and then in D11…my Sales Amount, and I'll say I had a sale for $10,000.…Press Return, and now I can click this button to record my sale.…
A message box indicating my commission is $800 appears.…And then it asks if I would like to enter another sale.…I do, so I'll say Yes.…And Excel leaves my name in the Name box, but it deletes the value from the…Sales Amount box, so I can type in a new amount, and obviously if a new…salesperson were behind me and wanted to add their own sales, then they could…simply edit my name out.…Let's say I had another sale for $5,000. Hit Return, click to record, my…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.