Learn how to copy and apply number formats to cells using the Format Painter and how to properly align cell data. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to use the Format Painter and cell alignment options, skills you may be asked to use during the Excel 2010
- [Instructor Voiceover] Formatting the data…in your cells is very important,…both from a readability standpoint,…and from a professional standpoint.…In this video, we're going to review…how to apply styles to your cells,…how you can copy those styles using the Format Painter,…and apply the style to additional cells.…We'll talk about aligning our data…to make it easier to read,…and also applying Number formats…such as Currency and Date formats.…On the Excel 2010 MOS Exam, you may be asked…to apply number formatting and copying that formatting,…using the Format Painter so you can apply it to other cells.…
You'll also be asked to apply different styles…to cells in your workbook.…I have the 04_01 Exercise file open,…so let's tackle this topic.…We're first gonna focus on the 2015 Sales Data worksheet.…I'll click in cell A1 and apply the Title style.…On the Home tab in my Cell Styles group,…I'll click Title.…Now I can quickly go ahead and automatically…resize this height just by clicking…between rows 1 and 2.…Looks good.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.