Learn to apply conditional formatting to a range of cells. Author Jen McBee shows how to use the Rule Manager to create rules for apply formatting and data bars to cells, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Instructor] So far, we've learned how to…format cells using number formats,…alignment options, and cell styles.…But, we can also create our own rules…so that data that meets a specific condition…will have a specific format applied.…During the Excel 2010 MOS Exam,…you may be asked to demonstrate your knowledge…and understanding of conditional formatting.…You may be asked to apply conditional formatting,…create your own rule, modify existing rules,…or remove formatting.…
I had the 09_01 exercise file open,…so if you're ready, let's apply some formatting.…We're gonna focus on the 2016 sales data worksheet,…and I want you to look at column D.…Column D already has conditional formatting applied to it.…We have applied data bars to the values in the cells…and the longer the bar, the greater the value in the cell.…How did we do that?…Well, you can start by selecting the…entire range, so I'll click on E4,…and use Control + Shift + Down Arrow,…my new favorite keyboard shortcut.…
Go to Conditional Formatting, and I wanna…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.