Learn how to create custom conditional formatting rules. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to create advanced conditional formatting rules.
- [Instructor] Conditional formatting is a great way…to analyze the data in your worksheet…by applying a different format to cells…that meet specific criteria.…In this video, we'll learn how to…create a new rule with a custom format.…We'll also learn how to reorder our rules…and edit a rule.…I'm using the 03_01 Create_Manage_Rules workbook…so let's jump right in.…Now as you can see, we already have…a conditional formatting rule…applied to the data in this worksheet.…
It's highlighting all of the orders…from the South region in blue.…Let's go in and take a look at that.…I'll go to Conditional Formatting…and Manage Rules, and here is our first rule.…The formula is, =$A4="South"…and if that's true we've asked Excel…to format the text in blue.…We're then applying it to all of the information…in this particular worksheet, A4 through G53.…
Now we're going to go ahead and create a new rule,…and we can actually do it right from here.…Or, we can go back out, select the information…that we're going to be applying the rule to,…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.