Learn about Sparklines and how to insert them in worksheets. Author Jen McBee reviews the three types of Sparklines, focusing on the types you are likely to encounter on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about…how you can summarize your data with Sparklines.…Now I bet you're wondering what in the world a Sparkline is…and what exactly does it do.…Is it flashy? Does it spark?…Well, on the Excel 2010 MOS exam…you're probably going to be asked…to insert either a line Sparkline chart…or a column Sparkline chart.…In this video we will look at both line…and column Sparkline charts,…focusing on the one that you're more apt to see on the exam.…
We'll also look at how we can format our Sparkline charts.…I have the exercise file open…and we're ready to get started.…So let's focus on the sales report.…Now when you insert a Sparkline chart,…you use a range of information for Excel to analyze for you,…and in this case we're going to be using…the Total 2015 Sales amount, 2016 Sales,…and then our 2017 forecasted sales.…
I'll click in E8,…which is where I want the first Sparkline to go.…Go to my Insert tab.…Here's our Sparkline group right over here.…We have a Line Sparkline, a Column Sparkline,…and a Win/Loss Sparkline.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.