In this video, learn what you can do to improve your visibility on the performance of your social media actions so that you can start tying them back to your business performance.
- Now, social media is an interesting topic…when it comes to understanding its business impact.…It's interesting because everyone understand that there…is business value in having a presence on social media.…And at the same time, most companies don't feel…that they're really driving significant growth,…despite their significant investments.…Companies that have a true social media strategy…are usually all about increasing…the size of their audience, and by increasing it,…there is a belief that revenue will increase…as well, in due course.…
In essence, that's not illogical,…and it's definitely true to say…that the larger the audience,…and the bigger the theoretical…business opportunity there is.…But focusing on the general metric,…such as reach and engagement solely…are insufficient to really turn…social media into a revenue generation machine.…Where many of them fall short though,…is in understanding, in detail,…what they're doing on social media…that drives new leads, opportunities, and sales.…
At the end of the day, the activity…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.