In this video, analyze pipeline generation efforts by source to understand—between sales, marketing, partners, and others—where your opportunities are coming from. Also, learn to combine it with other information to better understand the performance of sa
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to build off…the pipeline generation report by sales rep…to build a second view which is to see how we identify…opportunities by source.…The source is where the opportunity comes from…to fill the pipeline.…The source report tells us two things,…how successful are our marketing activities…and partnerships at driving new business…and what part of the pipeline has been generated…by the sales teams and also they work on closing…all of their opportunities?…Sometimes breaking things down by source…helps us better understand what's happening in our business.…
So, let's make a copy of our Pipeline Gen by Rep report…and call it Pipeline Gen by Source.…Now, since we'll be looking at it by source,…let's remove the opportunity owner…and lets replace it by the lead source.…So, now we have pretty much the same view,…showing us the level of pipeline generation…by number of opportunities, as well as amounts…and by month for each of our activities.…
Let's resize our columns to have a visibility…
- How the pipeline materializes in Salesforce
- Examining a high-level overview of the sales cycle
- Examining qualitative and quantitative measures
- Acquiring and preparing your data
- Creating your report in Salesforce
- Working with qualitative and quantitative reports
- Conducting effective pipeline reviews
- Collaborating with the sales team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Sales Cycle and Salesforce Pipeline
2. Acquiring and Preparing Your Data
3. Qualitative Reports
4. Quantitative Reports
5. Conducting Effective Pipeline Reviews
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.