In this video, learn how to analyze the performance of paid ads. Take a look at the detailed metrics you need to track in order to maximize your business potential. The instructor also discusses some of the traps to avoid regarding your budget.
- [Instructor] In some sense, paid ads performance…is very close to website performance analysis…because the biggest difference between organic traffic,…meaning coming from search engines and other websites…which you get for free and paid traffic which you get…from paying ads, vary only by the means you use…to get people into your website.…Once they're in there, they will all act the same…and your performance will depend on your ability…to get the right people in and offer them content…that they need and want.…
When analyzing the performance of paid ads,…vendors like Google and Facebook will provide you…with a wealth of data to understand…each element of your performance.…With concepts such as impressions, clicks, reach,…and so many more that you could almost get lost…in the data if you're not looking to run…a specific analysis from the get go.…Let's go to the paid ads tab of the exercise file.…To start with, there's the number of impressions…which are the number of times that a person…has been exposed to your ad.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time