In this video, learn why you should extend your analysis beyond analyzing only the marketing cycle. You should extend it to the following steps that cross over into sales territory.
- In this video we will discuss…why you should extend your analysis…beyond analyzing only the marketing cycle.…You should extend it to the following steps…that cross over into sales territory.…The marketing cycle contains all the…elements under that are the direct control…of the marketer, in the marketing team.…So it's only logical to be tempted…to analyze only that, and not…the steps that follow, are in the sales realm…such as managing leads, opportunities…and winning deals.…
But in my sense it's also part of…the marketing cycle when it comes to leads…coming from marketing activities.…You see?…We love to have marketing activities…that are so targeted, that we only bring…in leads that are, the exact profile…your company is aiming for.…But the truth is that many marketing…activities have a precision level…closer to casting a net in the ocean,…than doing surgery.…And when you cast a net in the ocean,…you want to get fish.…
But you could also bring in a shoe…or a plastic bag.…While in some sense marketing is the same,…and so the quality of the leads…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.